Vacation Rentals and Apartments in Iran
Luxury Homes, Apartments
Thank you for using Sepanja! Your trust is important to us and we’re committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The information that’s shared with us helps us to provide a great experience with Sepanja. We have a dedicated privacy team that’s committed to protecting all the personal information we collect and help ensure that personal information is handled properly worldwide.
1.2 Data Centre
1.3 Applicability to Payments
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are three general categories of information we collect.
2.1 Information You Give to Us.
2.1.1 Information that is necessary for the use of the Sepanja Platform.
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the Sepanja Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
• Account Information. When you sign up for an Sepanja Account, we require certain information such as your fullname, email address and date of birth.
• Profile and Listing Information. To use certain features of the Sepanja Platform (such as booking or creating a Listing), we may ask you to provide additional information, which may include your address, phone number, and a profile picture.
• Identity Verification Information. To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws) or other authentication information.
• Payment Information. To use certain features of the Sepanja Platform (such as booking or creating a Listing), we may require you to provide certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments (via Sepanja Payments).
• Communications with Sepanja and other Members. When you communicate with Sepanja or use the Sepanja Platform to communicate with other Members, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
2.1.2 Information you choose to give us.
You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using Sepanja Platform. This additional information will be processed based on our legitimate interest or when applicable, your consent.
• Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the Sepanja Platform such as the pages or content you view, your searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the Sepanja Platform.
• Log Data and Device Information. We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use the Sepanja Platform, even if you have not created an Sepanja Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Sepanja Platform (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Sepanja Platform.
• Additional Profile Information. You may choose to provide additional information as part of your Sepanja profile (such as gender, preferred language(s), city, and a personal description). Some of this information as indicated in your Account settings is part of your public profile page, and will be publicly visible to others.
• Address Book Contact Information. You may choose to import your address book contacts or enter your contacts’ information manually to access certain features of the Sepanja Platform, like inviting them to use Sepanja.
• Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, update or add information to your Sepanja Account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, communicate with our customer care team, share your experience with us (such as through Host Stories), or use other features of the Sepanja Platform.
2.1.3 Information that is necessary for the use of the Payment Services.
The Payments Data Centre needs to collect the following information necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable law (such as anti-money laundering regulations). Without it, you will not be able to use Payment Services:
• Payment Information. When you use the Payment Services, the Payments Data Centre requires certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to process payments and comply with applicable law.
• Identity Verification and Other Information. If you are a Host, the Payments Data Centre may require identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license) or other authentication information,your date of birth, your address, email address, phone number and other information in order to verify your identity, provide the Payment Services to you, and to comply with applicable law.
2.1.4 Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the Sepanja Platform and Payment Services.
When you use the Sepanja Platform and the Payment Services, we automatically collect personal information about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the Sepanja Platform and Payment Services.
• Payment Transaction Information. Sepanja Payments collects information related to your payment transactions through the Sepanja Platform, including the payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, PayPal email address, IBAN information, your address and other related transaction details. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and Sepanja Payments and to allow the provision of the Payment Services.
2.1.5 Information We Collect from Third Parties.
Sepanja and Sepanja Payments may collect information, including personal information, that others provide about you when they use the Sepanja Platform and the Payment Services, or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Sepanja Platform and the Payment Services. We do not control, supervise or respond for how the third parties providing your information process your Personal Information, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
• Third Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to your Sepanja Account with a third party service (e.g. Google, Facebook), the third party service may send us information such as your registration, friends list, and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
• Your References. If someone has written a reference for you, it will be published on your Sepanja public profile page with your consent.
• Background Information. For Members in Iran, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, Sepanja and Sepanja Payments may obtain reports from public records of criminal convictions or sex offender registrations. For Members outside of Iran, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required, Sepanja and Sepanja Payments may obtain the local version of police, background or registered sex offender checks. We may use your information, including your full name , to obtain such reports.
• Referrals. If you are invited to Sepanja, the person who invited you may submit personal information about you such as your email address or other contact information.
• Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or information to help detect fraud and safety issues, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results (with your consent where required) or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the Sepanja Platform through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks.
2.2 Children’s Data.
Our websites and applications are not directed to children under 18 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information directly from children under 18. If you believe that we processing the personal information pertaining to a child inappropriately, we take this very seriously and urge you to contact us using the information provided under the “Contact Us”.
3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use, store, and process personal information to (1) provide, understand, improve, and develop the Sepanja Platform, (2) create and maintain a trusted and safer environment (such as to comply with our legal obligations and ensure compliance with Sepanja Policies) and (3) provide, personalize, measure, and improve our advertising and marketing.
3.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the Sepanja Platform. We may use the personal information to provide, improve, and develop the Sepanja Platform such as to:
• enable you to access and use the Sepanja Platform,
• enable you to communicate with other Members,
• operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Sepanja Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research,
• provide customer service,
• send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications,
• if you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may process this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) send your requests for references, (iii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iv) for any purpose you authorize at the time of collection,
• to operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Sepanja Platform and experience, and personalize and customize your experience (such as making Listing suggestions, ranking search results)
We process this personal information for these purposes given our legitimate interest in improving the Sepanja Platform and our Members’ experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you.
3.2 How the Payments Data Centre uses the Personal Information Collected. We may use the personal information as a part of Payment services such as to:
• Enable you to access and use the Payment Services.
• Detect and prevent fraud, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
• Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
• Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
• Comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations).
• Enforce the Payment Terms and other payment policies.
• With your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences.
The Payments Data Centre processes this personal information given its legitimate interest in improving the Payment Services and its users’ experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable laws.